Fife Health and Social Care Locality Planning
Welcome to our website which we hope helps to keep you updated on the latest news in your communities.
Health & Social Care Partnerships (HSCPs) are required to produce and deliver strategic plans every three years and have recently refreshed their Strategic Plan for Fife 2019-2022, therefore we are continuously in a cycle of planning, implementing and reviewing our work. As locality planning matures, locality planning groups will inform this ongoing cycle to reflect and respond to local need. Locality Planning will be evidenced within priority one of the refreshed Strategic Plan but will span all five priorities.
Our vision sets the strategic direction for our work:
‘To enable the people of Fife to live independent and healthier lives’
Our mission is to work with individuals and communities, using our collective resources effectively, transforming how we provide services to ensure these are safe, timely, effective, high quality and based on achieving personal outcomes.
We want everyone in Fife – of whatever age – to thrive and live well. Our work in Localities is essential to make that happen.
The seven locality areas are:
- Cowdenbeath (includes Lochgelly, Kelty and Cardenden)
- City of Dunfermline
- Glenrothes (includes Thornton, Kinglassie and Leslie)
- Kirkcaldy (includes Burntisland and Kinghorn)
- Levenmouth (includes West Wemyss, Buckhaven, Methil, Methilhill, Kennoway and Leven)
- North East Fife (takes in Auchtermuchty, Cupar, Taybridgehead, St Andrews, Crail and Anstruther)
- South West Fife (includes Inverkeithing, Dalgety Bay, Rosyth, Kincardine, Oakley and Saline)
We want Localities to improve population health outcomes and reduce inequalities through targeted interventions, by:
- Supporting people to successfully manage their own health and wellbeing.
- Reducing the number of people who have heart disease, stroke or diabetes.
- Reducing pressures on GPs, so that clinical need is not overtaken by social need.
- Reducing unnecessary emergency admissions to hospital.
- Ageing well in the community.
Putting the needs of people and communities first will bring together GPs, hospitals, health workers, social care staff, voluntary and independent care providers, in the seven localities, and will share information to help plan and deliver services.
An important part of Fife Health & Social Care Integration is the creation of Localities, bringing decision making about Health & Social Care local priorities closer to communities.
Our understanding of our seven localities is taken from:
- Area Profiles – both national and local data and statistics.
- Experience and knowledge of people who use services and staff working in the localities who attended engagement and subsequent locality meeting/events across the seven localities.
Saw the completion of the first phase of the Locality Planning Wider Stakeholder events and the identification of initial priorities for each locality. Locality Planning Wider Stakeholder Groups are made up of representatives of all key stakeholders and have contributed to the development of agreed priorities for each locality.
Saw the completion of the second phase with the implementation of Locality Planning Core Groups across the seven areas and delivery of the agreed priorities within each of the localities, in partnership with communities, professionals and individuals. Locality Planning Core Groups are made up of key local professionals, practitioners and people who use services, who are responsible for the delivery of the agreed priorities on behalf of their locality.
Sees us moving into phase three, where Core Groups report back to their Wider Stakeholder Groups, highlighting the refreshed strategic plan and refreshed data, reporting on what we have delivered and exploring with them the next steps, with the aim of each locality plan being refreshed by the end of 2019.
Want to know more?
There’s a page for each of the seven Health and Social Care Localities where information and updates will be posted.
Also why not take a look at the Winter 2019 Newsletter.
Need to speak to someone?
Tracy Harley, Locality Planning Co-ordinator
Tel: 03451 55 55 55 ext 443854
Heather Gibson, Locality Development Co-ordinator
Tel: 03451 555555 Ext 447016