UPDATED: January 2021
The Well staff are delighted to announce that we can still reach out to the public and provide support, information, and advice, using The Well Near Me.
Every Wednesday and Thursday 10am to 12noon you can join our Well Near Me Waiting Room to speak to a staff member on things that matter to you.
This ensures that we can continue to provide you with support whilst keeping you safe.
The Well Near Me allows you to have a video conversation with our staff from your own home. All you need is a device for making video calls (smartphone, tablet, laptop), internet connection (Wi-Fi or mobile data) and Chrome or Safari Internet Browser.
Due to the high volume of video calls we receive, we might not be able to answer all. If you wish to receive a virtual Well appointment email the Well Coordinator at Aleksandra.Atanasova@fife.gov.uk with your name, phone number and a brief explanation of the topic you wish to discuss.
The Well Near Me can also offer a BSL interpreter every Wednesday from 9th December. If you require a BLS interpreter you must book an appointment via the above email, or SMS 07984 356580.
Please note that The Well Near Me now has a phone line, for those who don’t have access to technology or internet. The phone line is active the same times as the Wells, if you wish to speak to our staff please call: 03451 551500
What do I need to make a video call?
- A good connection to the internet If you can watch a video online (e.g. YouTube) you can make a video call
- A private, well-lit area where you will not be disturbed during the consultation
- One of these: Google Chrome web browser on a desktop or laptop, or on an Android tablet or smartphone Safari web browser on an Apple iMac, MacBook, iPad, or iPhone
- Web-camera, speakers and microphone already built into laptops or mobile devices
Is it secure?
Video calls are secure; your privacy is protected. Near Me uses secure video consulting which has been approved as confidential and safe by the Scottish Government and NHS Scotland.
What do I do if something is not working?
For More information visit: www.nearme.scot
All physical Wells are closed until further notice.
What is the Well?
The Well is a venue where you can drop-in and find out information and receive general advice to help you stay well and independent within your local community.
The Wells are established across Fife as places where you can go to be listen to, have a conversation about what’s important to you regarding your health and wellbeing. Here you are directed to support that best meet your needs. Our friendly, well-informed staff will support you to access a wide range of information that promotes your health and wellbeing. The Wells bring together those who know all about health and social care in your local community such as Local Area Coordinators, Housing Officers, Social Work, Social Security Benefits and a range of other community, health and social care staff. At the Wells you will have a good conversation about what matters to you, whether this is about living a healthier lifestyle, having meaningful activities or living independently in your own home. We can help you to:
- complete a re-housing application, update a re-housing application
- explore all the local activities and groups you might be interested in
- apply for a community alarm
- complete different forms
- join a local group
- contact a local service/health professional on your behalf
- explore local support organisation
- find volunteering opportunities
- find out about Meal Makers
- gain support as a carer
- and many more
The Well: Working together to better support people to achieve what matters to them.
Benefits to visiting The Well:
- A face-to-face conversation with our friendly staff.
- Staff local to your area, helping you to find the information and support that you need.
- Access to finding out information and support that promotes your health and wellbeing, helping you to stay well and independent within your local community.
Who can use The Well? Anyone over the age of 16. Visiting The Well? No Appointment is needed! You can pop along to The Well in your local area for a cuppa and a chat. If you want we can make arrangements for you to chat in a private confidential space.
The Wells across Fife:
For more information, please contact:
Aleks Atanasova firstname.lastname@example.org 03451 55 55 55 EXT 445347
The Well Poster Wellbeing Point Fife Health & Social Care Partnership believes in supporting people to look after and improve their own health and wellbeing and live in good health for longer. The Wellbeing Point is an online signposting tool that can quickly, clearly and easily signpost to local and national health and wellbeing information. https://wellbeing-point.wixsite.com/the-well This tool was developed with Penumbra SDS Project (a Scottish mental health charity), funded by the Scottish Government. Click here if you need help to create a shortcut to the link or add to your favourites.