South West Fife
We have now remobilised the South West Fife H&SC Locality Planning Core Group and Plan, and the group met in June 2022.
Going forward until December 2022 we will:
- Further deliver our priorities linked to wellbeing & social isolation, living well with long term conditions, supporting mental health, carer support, H&SC public representation and locality communication.
- Coordinate Short Life Working Groups within the locality that will focus on some of those paused priorities
- Host a further Core Group meeting in September 2022
- Host the South West Fife Wider Stakeholder Event in November 2022, where we will look to refresh the South West Fife Priority Plan, based on local engagement and data intelligence from South West Fife.
For further information on the South West Fife H&SC Locality, click on ‘Getting to Know South West Fife’.
Although we had to pause all of our Core Group work and meetings due to the Covid-19 pandemic, work has still been happening in the background virtually with our Chairs and Senior Leadership Team. September through November saw us finalising our refreshed locality plans, focussing on work that we can realistically remobilise through 2020/2021, taking into account the Covid-19 restrictions that we are all now dealing with.
Take a look at the priorities identified in our remobilisation route map for all our locality areas.
Saw us move into phase three, where the South West Fife Core Group reported back to their Wider Stakeholder Group, highlighted the refreshed strategic plan and refreshed data, reported on what was delivered and explored with them next steps. The event was held in November 2019, with the aim of the South West Fife Health & Social Care Locality Plan being refreshed by the end of 2019.
- Legislation implemented
- Wider Stakeholder Group developed
- H&SC Locality Data developed and presented
- H&SC priorities explored, discussed and agreed
- Core Group developed
- Agreed H&C Priority Plans developed, driven and delivered
- H&SC Locality Data refreshed
- Refresh of the H&SC Strategic Plan consulted on, finalised and published
- Wider Stakeholder Group explores data and develops H&SH locality priorities for 2019/20.
- Core group develops, drives and delivers H&SH priorities on behalf of and with the support of the Wider Stakeholder Group for the benefit of the local area
Saw the completion of the second phase with the implementation of Locality Planning Core Groups across the seven areas and delivery of the agreed priorities within each of the localities, in partnership with communities, professionals and individuals.
Saw the completion of the first phase of the Locality Planning Wider Stakeholder events and the identification of initial priorities for each locality.
Three priority models were agreed for South West Fife:
- A community led one point of access concept ‘The Well’, with the support of National Development Team for Inclusion (NDTi) Community Led Support Programme.
- SWF H&SC Planning Group will explore links with Local Community Planning priority ‘Connectivity’ regarding transport options which support the older population to access health and social care services within their local community.
- Explore walking groups opportunities within SWF Area to reduce health inequalities, support people to make positive lifestyle changes and tackle impacts on preventable long-term conditions.
If you wish to be part of Health and Social Care Locality Planning ‘Wider Stakeholder Group’ for this area, please contact:
Jacquie Stringer, Locality Planning Co-ordinator
Heather Gibson, Locality Development Co-ordinator