Cowdenbeath Area Health & Social Care Locality Planning
Although we had to pause all of our Core Group work and meetings due to the Covid-19 pandemic, work has still been happening in the background virtually with our Chairs and Senior Leadership Team. September through November saw us finalising our refreshed locality plans, focussing on work that we can realistically remobilise through 2020/2021, taking into account the Covid-19 restrictions that we are all now dealing with.
Take a look at the priorities identified in our remobilisation route map for all our locality areas.
In Cowdenbeath we are remobilising priorities linked to wellbeing & social isolation, supporting mental health, carer support, H&SC public representation and locality communication.
For further information on the Cowdenbeath H&SC Locality Plan, click on ‘Getting to Know Cowdenbeath’.
Saw us move into phase three, where the Cowdenbeath Area Core Group reported back to their Wider Stakeholder Group, highlighted the refreshed strategic plan and refreshed data, reported on what was delivered and explored with them next steps. The event was held in November 2019, with the aim of the Cowdenbeath Area Health & Social Care Locality Plan being refreshed by the end of 2019.
Saw the completion of the second phase with the implementation of Locality Planning Core Groups across the seven areas and delivery of the agreed priorities within each of the localities, in partnership with communities, professionals and individuals.
Saw the completion of the first phase of the Locality Planning Wider Stakeholder events and the identification of initial priorities for each locality.
Five priority models were agreed for Cowdenbeath Area:
- A community led one point of access concept ‘The Well’, with the support of National Development Team for Inclusion (NDTi) Community Led Support Programme.
- Explore rolling out Test for change currently being piloted in Glenrothes giving GPs Direct Access to Star Beds to prevent unnecessary hospital admissions – explore linking with Lumphinnans Care Village.
- Explore bringing GPs, social workers (under 65 and over 65), district teams and health visitors together to build relationships and understanding of roles and expectations within the local area.
- Local Community Planning ‘Positive Alternative’ projects to be explored.
- H&SCP exploring Meal Makers Project for Cowdenbeath.
Have a listen to what Joanna Clark, Project Manager at Fife Voluntary Action has to say about creating healthy communities.
If you wish to be part of Health and Social Care Locality Planning ‘Wider Stakeholder Group’ for this area, please contact:
Tracy Harley, Locality Planning Co-ordinator
Tel: 03451 55 55 55 ext 443854
Heather Gibson, Locality Development Co-ordinator
Tel: 03451 555555 Ext 447016
Fife Health and Social Care Partnership – Our Vision
‘To enable the people of Fife to live independent and healthier lives’