The Cowdenbeath Area “Creating Healthy Communities” Roadshow Workshop was held in March 2017. Following on from that, those who attended the Roadshow and other key staff were invited along to Locality Planning ‘Wider Stakeholder Group’ meetings in August 2017 and April 2018, to identify, discuss and agree the emerging Cowdenbeath Area Health and Social Care priority areas for action.
Five priority models have been agreed:
- A community led one point of access concept ‘The Well’, with the support of National Development Team for Inclusion (NDTi) Community Led Support Programme.
- Explore rolling out Test for change currently being piloted in Glenrothes giving GPs Direct Access to Star Beds to prevent unnecessary hospital admissions – explore linking with Lumphinnans Care Village.
- Explore bringing GPs, social workers (under 65 and over 65), district teams and health visitors together to build relationships and understanding of roles and expectations within the local area.
- Local Community Planning ‘Positive Alternative’ projects to be explored.
- H&SCP exploring Meal Makers Project for Cowdenbeath.
Further information can be found on the Cowdenbeath Area Agreed Priorities Plan.
Further updates will be posted here as they become available. In the meantime, have a listen to what Joanna Clark, Project Manager at Fife Voluntary Action has to say about creating healthy communities.
If you wish to be part of Health and Social Care Locality Planning ‘Wider Stakeholder Group’ for this area, please contact:
Tracy Harley, Locality Planning Co-ordinator
Tel: 03451 55 55 55 ext 443854
Heather Gibson, Locality Development Co-ordinator
Tel: 03451 555555 Ext 447016
Fife Health and Social Care Partnership – Our Vision
‘Accessible, seamless, quality services that are personalised and responsive to the changing needs of individuals, designed with and for the people of Fife.’