Comments and Compliments

If you have a comment or compliment relating to Fife Health and Social Care Partnership we would like to hear from you.

You can contact us by email: or you can fill in our online form by clicking here: HSCP Compliments Online Form

Anyone can provide a comment or compliment, we are pleased to hear when we get things right, and we enjoy telling our staff that they have done a good job.

For complaints, please see details below on how to contact us.


The Fife Integration Joint Board has been established to improve adult health and social care outcomes in Fife, and to promote the health and wellbeing of service-users, their families and carers.

We recognise that sometimes individuals, or their families are not fully satisfied with the care or service that they receive. When this happens you have the right to complain, have your complaint investigated, and to be given a full and prompt reply.

Fife Integration Joint Board’s definition of a complaint is:

‘An expression of dissatisfaction by one or more members of the public about Fife Integration Joint Board’s action or lack of action, or about the standard of service the IJB has provided in fulfilling its responsibilities as set out in the Integration Scheme’.

The Health and Social Care Integration Scheme for Fife describes the aims and outcomes of the IJB. Further information is available using this link: Fife Integration Scheme.

Issues that are not covered by this definition of a complaint are likely to be covered by our other Complaints Handling Procedures (CHP’s), relating to either our health or social work services. You can find further details about all of the CHP’s by clicking on the links below:

To help you decide who to send your complaint to, please see the examples listed below. We will re-direct your complaint to the right contact if this is required.

When you complain, please tell us:

  • your full name and address, phone number and your email address if this is your preferred method of contact;
  • the full name, address and date of birth of the person affected if you are complaining on behalf of somebody else;
  • as much as you can about the complaint;
  • what has gone wrong;
  • when did this happen;
  • where did this happen; and,
  • how you want us to resolve the matter.

Giving us this information will help us to clearly identify the problem and what we need to do to resolve matters.

How to direct your complaint:

If your complaint is in relation to Fife Integration Joint Board, for example:

  • Fife Integration Joint Board’s policies
  • Fife Integration Joint Board’s decisions
  • the administrative or decision-making processes followed by Fife Integration Joint Board in coming to a decision

You should contact:

Telephone: 03451 555555 Ext: 440971 (9am to 5pm)

If your complaint is in relation to Health Services (NHS Fife), for example:

  • your care and / or treatment
  • delays, or a failure to provide a service;
  • an inadequate standard of service;
  • a lack of information and clarity about appointments;
  • difficulty in making contact with us for appointments or queries;
  • treatment by or attitude of a member of our staff;
  • scheduled or unscheduled ambulance care;
  • transport concerns, either to, from or within the healthcare environment;
  • environmental or domestic issues;
  • operational and procedural issues;
  • our failure to follow the appropriate process; and
  • your dissatisfaction with our policy.

You should contact the Patient Relations team:

Telephone: 01592 648153

If your complaint is in relation to Social Care Services, for example:

  • failure or refusal to provide a service
  • inadequate quality or standard of service
  • dissatisfaction with one of our policies or its impact on the individual
  • failure to properly apply law, procedure or guidance when delivering services
  • failure of administrative processes
  • delays in service provision
  • treatment by or attitude of a member of staff
  • disagreement with a decision made in relation to social work services.

To make a complaint about a social work service please speak to the person you normally deal with in social work, or to their manager. You can also complete an online form: Online Form.

Alternatively you can telephone: 03451 551503 (9am to 5pm) for advice, or to make an appointment.