Comments, compliments and complaints

If you have a comment or compliment relating to Fife Health and Social Care Partnership we would like to hear from you.

You can contact us by email: or you can fill in our HSC Compliments and Complaints Online Form

Anyone can provide a comment or compliment, we are pleased to hear when we get things right, and we enjoy telling our staff that they have done a good job.

Please see details below on how to make a complaint.


The Fife Integration Joint Board has been established to improve adult health and social care outcomes in Fife, and to promote the health and wellbeing of service-users, their families and carers.

We recognise that sometimes individuals, or their families are not fully satisfied with the care or service that they receive. When this happens you have the right to complain, have your complaint investigated, and to be given a full and prompt reply.

Fife Integration Joint Board’s definition of a complaint is:

‘An expression of dissatisfaction by one or more members of the public about Fife Integration Joint Board’s action or lack of action, or about the standard of service the IJB has provided in fulfilling its responsibilities as set out in the Integration Scheme’.

The Health and Social Care Integration Scheme for Fife describes the aims and outcomes of the IJB. Further information is available using this link: Fife Integration Scheme.

Issues that are not covered by this definition of a complaint are likely to be covered by our other Complaints Handling Procedures (CHP’s), relating to either our health or social work services. You can find further details about all of the CHP’s by clicking on the links below:

To help you decide who to send your complaint to, please see the examples listed below. We will re-direct your complaint to the right contact if this is required.

When you complain, please tell us:

Giving us this information will help us to clearly identify the problem and what we need to do to resolve matters.

How to direct your complaint:

If your complaint is in relation to Fife Integration Joint Board, for example:

You should contact:

Telephone: 03451 555555 Ext: 440971 (9am to 5pm)
Online: HSC Compliments and Complaints Online Form

If your complaint is in relation to Health Services (NHS Fife), for example:

You should contact the Patient Experience Team:

Telephone: 01592 648153

If your complaint is in relation to Social Care Services, for example:

To make a complaint about a social work service please speak to the person you normally deal with in social work, or to their manager.

Alternatively you can telephone: 03451 551503 (9am to 5pm) for advice, or to make an appointment.