The Scottish Government has committed to providing information and advice and appropriate supplies of PPE. Here in Fife we already have plans for making PPE available to unpaid carers/family and paid personal assistants, as well as encouraging unpaid carers to access other support to help with their caring role. You may be entitled to free PPE if you are an unpaid carer.
An unpaid carer is any person who, without payment, helps and supports a relative, child, neighbour or friend who could not manage without their help due to age, frailty, addiction, disability or illness.
You may request PPE as an unpaid carer if:
- the person you care for has symptoms of or a diagnosis of COVID-19
- the person has received a shielding letter and you aren't in isolation together
- any other risk there maybe for both carer and cared for.
To request PPE please email or phone Fife Carers Centre:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone 01592 205472
How can Self-Directed Support Personal Assistants access PPE?
Employers of PAs receive a SDS budget or Direct Payment from Fife Council. The employer may not be the person receiving the care.
You may request PPE as a PA employer if:
- The person receiving care has a diagnosis or symptoms of COVID-19
- Another member of the same household has a diagnosis or symptoms
- The person receiving care has received a shielding letter
- Any other risk for person receiving care or Personal Assistant/s
To request PPE please email or phone SDS Options Fife:
- email: email@example.com
- phone 01592 803280
The request will be assessed by SDS Options Fife and the urgency/need determined. SDS Options Fife will deliver directly to your home.
Download the poster PPE for unpaid carers here.