New Year, new you? Quit the cigs and get 2018 off to a healthier start by getting in touch with Fife’s Health Promotion Service, now part of Fife Health and Social Care Partnership, who have a number of drop in support and advice services across Fife.
Kay Samson, Tobacco Co-ordinator with Fife’s Stop Smoking Service, gives more details:
“We can help individuals to stop smoking in a range of ways. These include our Smoke Free Saturday sessions in Leven Library, Stop Smoking Clinics throughout Fife as well as our ‘What’s In Your Lungs Campaign’ where our mobile unit heads out into the community to offer people a free, no appointment necessary check to see how much carbon monoxide is in their lungs and offer free quick and easy advice to quit the cigs. We encourage people to take the step and get in touch with us today.”
Cllr David Graham, Health and Social Care Spokesperson underlines the importance of giving up tobacco:
“There are many positives to quitting smoking. If you quit you will feel better, have more money, get a feeling of accomplishment, have more energy, better breathing and healthier skin. We know that smoking also increases the chances of people having major health issues such as heart attacks, strokes, lung cancer and the onset of diseases such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), for which there is no cure . For all of these reasons, I encourage everyone who smokes to take that first step and get in touch with Fife’s Stop Smoking Service to get lots of support and encouragement to getting fitter and healthier.”
Get help today:
- What’s In Your Lungs’ Mobile Unit – pop in for a chat with Lorraine from the Health Promotion Service every:
– Wednesday: Kingdom Centre, Glenrothes, near Rothes Halls. 10.15 am – 3.15pm
– Thursday: Shorehead Car Park, Leven. 10.30am- 3.30pm
– Friday: Lidl, Kirkcaldy promenade. 10.30am-3.30pm
- Smoke Free Saturday – advice and support is now available in Leven Library in the High Street, every Saturday from 9.30am-12.30pm
- Call 0800 025 3000 for more help and support to quit your way and to find your nearest Stop Smoking Clinic.