Kirkcaldy Health & Social Care Locality Planning
Saw the completion of the first phase of the Locality Planning Wider Stakeholder events and the identification of initial priorities for each locality.
Six priority models were agreed for Kirkcaldy:
- A community led one point of access concept ‘The Well’, with the support of National Development Team for Inclusion (NDTi) Community Led Support Programme.
- Set up an Integrated Team in Kirkcaldy – based in an Inclusive Living Centre to deliver a joined up Adaptations Service.
- Test of Change – GP Direct Access to care intervention options, inclusive of Star Beds in Care Homes, to prevent unnecessary hospital admissions. Focus on terminology that can be universally understood by all professions.
- Align a Social workers to a specific Care Home or to implement a small multi-disciplinary response team, to mirror GP practice alignment in the Kirkcaldy Area, to offer more seamless care.
- Talking Café Project – testing the concept that soft touch, low level informal interventions make a positive and valuable contribution to the mental health and wellbeing of people experiencing barriers to employability (Delivering Differently Pilot Funded).
- Costa Club – a support group for people with fragility (including dementia) and their carers to ensure they can remain engaged and connected within their local community.
Further information can be found on the Kirkcaldy Agreed Priorities Plan.
Saw the completion of the second phase with the implementation of Locality Planning Core Groups across the seven areas and delivery of the agreed priorities within each of the localities, in partnership with communities, professionals and individuals.
Sees us moving into phase three, where the Kirkcaldy Core Group report back to their Wider Stakeholder Group, highlighting the refreshed strategic plan and refreshed data, reporting on what we have delivered and exploring with them the next steps. This event will be held in November 2019, with the aim of the Kirkcaldy Health & Social Care Locality Plan being refreshed by the end of 2019.
If you wish to be part of Health and Social Care Locality Planning ‘Wider Stakeholder Group’ for this area, please contact:
Tracy Harley, Locality Planning Co-ordinator
Tel: 03451 55 55 55 ext 443854
Heather Gibson, Locality Development Co-ordinator
Tel: 03451 555555 Ext 447016
Fife Health and Social Care Partnership – Our Vision
‘To enable the people of Fife to live independent and healthier lives’