The Glenrothes “Creating Healthy Communities” Roadshow Workshop was held in March 2017. Following on from that, those who attended the Roadshow and other key staff were invited along to Locality Planning ‘Wider Stakeholder Group’ meetings in June and August 2017, to, identify, discuss and agree the emerging Glenrothes Health and Social Care priority areas for action.
Five Priority Delivery Models have been agreed:
- A community led one point of access concept ‘The Well’, with the support of National Development Team for Inclusion (NDTi) Community Led Support Programme.
- Test of Change exploring GP Direct Access to Star Beds to prevent unnecessary hospital admissions and provide an effective and efficient support to older people who need it.
- Implement improved joint interdisciplinary staff meetings for primary care, social care and third sector staff at locality level, focussing on frail elderly.
- Collaborative partnership approach to the opening of the new Glenrothes Care Village, to consider housing and support options to reflect the needs of the care village community.
- Support community led Social Enterprise which will support alternative health and wellbeing opportunities for veterans.
In December 2017, an initial exploration meeting to look at a one point of access concept took place in December 2017.
In May 2018 – the areas for action were drafted into the Glenrothes Agreed Priorities Table.
In May 2018 – the Glenrothes Health and Social Care Locality Planning ‘Core Group’ was established.
In June 2018 – the Glenrothes Health and Social Care Locality Planning ‘Core Group’ had its first meeting to explore taking forward the agreed priority areas.
Further updates will be posted here as they become available.
If you wish to be part of Health and Social Care Locality Planning ‘Wider Stakeholder Group’ for this area, please contact:
Tracy Harley, Locality Planning Co-ordinator
Tel: 03451 55 55 55 ext 443854
Heather Gibson, Locality Development Co-ordinator
Tel: 03451 555555 Ext 447016
Fife Health and Social Care Partnership – Our Vision
‘Accessible, seamless, quality services that are personalised and responsive to the changing needs of individuals, designed with and for the people of Fife.’